Property owners who need to navigate the laws of land use and zoning can use the assistance of experienced attorneys who are familiar with land development needs, from subdividing parcels, to navigating the municipal approval process, to challenging decisions by municipal bodies in court where necessary.
Whether a commercial or residential property owner, the first step is to ascertain what zoning and other municipal approvals are needed for a project. The attorneys of Tucker Arensberg, P.C. interpret and explain the maze of state and local regulations, statutes and ordinances relating to land use and pinpoint potential legal hurdles of a project. If a property needs to be subdivided for development purposes, the firm can do so with ease.
Tucker Arensberg’s attorneys represent clients:
- Through all stages of the municipal approval process
- Prosecute numerous successful site plan applications for commercial and residential developments
- Obtain zoning approval for projects from municipal zoning hearing boards, planning commissions and elected municipal councils
- Obtain variances, special exceptions, or conditional use approvals
- Handle issues relating to the use of a property or its dimensions
In appropriate cases, the firm will press a landowner’s claims in the courts, both at the trial and appellate level. In the courts, the firm’s lawyers handle a wide array of land use matters, from challenges to the constitutionality of zoning regulations, to requesting courts to uphold or overturn decisions by zoning hearing boards or other bodies.
The firm’s lawyers are well-versed in the law surrounding properties in areas of special designation, such as historic review districts. Tucker Arensberg’s zoning and land use team can explain and interpret the restrictions and when appropriate, challenge these restrictions before the municipality or the courts.