Taxes have implications for businesses throughout their life cycles. Some common business activities affected by taxation include:
- Buy-sell agreements
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Equity and debt offerings
- Admission or withdrawal of owners
- Qualified and non-qualified pension and profit sharing plans
- Employee welfare benefit plans
- Fringe benefits plans
- Maintenance of tax exempt status
- Leveraged and single-investor equipment leasing & financing
- Business succession planning
- Estates & trusts
- Tax controversies
In addition, not properly complying with sales and use taxes and tax exemptions subjects companies to penalties and fines.
Our clients have access to attorneys with an intimate understanding of taxation rules and regulations and how to use tax laws to benefit you or your company.
If you happen to be selected for an audit, inquiry or other proceeding by the Internal Revenue Service, the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue or other taxing authorities, we help you prepare and are by your side at any audits or hearings. We also handle appeals of the audit results through the administrative appeals process and into the court system if necessary.