The Healthcare industry is more complicated than ever. There are constant changes to rules and regulations, consolidation, pressures to control costs and an increase in demand due to a rapidly aging population. Tucker Arensberg’s Healthcare Practice Group understands these issues and is here to assist you.
Tucker Arensberg lawyers have experience in all major healthcare law issues:
- Compliance – Anti-Kickback, Stark, Corporate Compliance Programs, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Office of Inspector General (OIG) Investigations
- Reimbursement – managed care contracts, federal, state and commercial reimbursement issues and audits
- Professional Organization – mergers, acquisitions and succession for professional corporations, limited liability entities (e.g. LLCs, LLPs, RPCs), joint ventures, general and limited partnerships, tax-exempt organizations, and health care businesses
- Credentialing and Licensing for Individuals and Healthcare Facilities – state licensing disputes and disciplinary actions, medical staff hearings and institutional licensing (Long Term Care (LTC), Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC), Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), etc.)
- Employment contracts and restrictive covenants
- Tax and Employee Benefits – Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, HSAs and 403(b) plans
- Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) – Electronic Health Record (EMR)/Electronic Health Record (EHR) and other software licensing and Intellectual Property issues
- Healthcare Institution Relationships – professional and administrative, practice support, lease and joint venture and other agreements with hospitals and physician practices
- Professional Societies and Organizations
- Independent Practice Networks or Associations – Multi-practice networks of healthcare professionals for marketing and contracting
Our lawyers have years of experience advising clients regarding their legal, business and strategic issues and can draw upon substantial resources and knowledge in all of these areas to provide answers to your healthcare law problems.