Tucker Arensberg’s ERISA Litigation Group represents multiemployer trust funds (i.e., Taft-Hartley Funds) across the country in arbitrations and federal district, circuit, and bankruptcy courts. The group specializes in the collection of withdrawal liability and delinquent contributions, as well as defending class action benefit claims. The group is composed of several talented attorneys who have extensive litigation experience and who work as a team with the singular goal of achieving the best results for their clients. This team-oriented approach has allowed the group to have success against some of the biggest law firms across the country in complex matters involving fact-intensive and unsettled legal issues.
Since Tucker Arensberg started representing multiemployer trust funds in 1969, we have handled over 1,000 delinquent monthly contribution cases and hundreds of withdrawal liability cases. The group also has expertise representing multiemployer trust funds in bankruptcy matters, where the policies underlying ERISA and the Bankruptcy Code often conflict.
The ERISA Litigation Group represents both national and local plans located and doing business all over the United States. In the last ten (10) years has collected over $500,000,000 for its various national trust fund clients.
The ERISA Litigation Group consists of individuals that have:
- Over 20 (and even 30) years of complex litigation experience;
- Been frequent speakers in the areas of the collection of delinquent contributions and withdrawal liability for the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans;
- Been named one of the Best Lawyers in America©;
- Authored publications on the collection of delinquent contributions and/or withdrawal liability for Benefits Magazine;
- Worked as judicial law clerks for a federal district courts, federal bankruptcy courts, and state appellate courts;
- Worked as a state securities regulator;
- Worked as a federal prosecutor;
- Graduated with honors from law school;
- Served as a Bankruptcy Judge;
- Testified before the Senate;
In addition to handling litigation matters for Taft Hartley employee benefit funds, the ERISA Litigation Group provides full-service training and educational programs for trust funds. These educational programs include sessions geared toward employers to reduce delinquencies and improve payroll audit compliance; education for boards of trustees relative to specific legal issues, case law and procedures; and programs for union business agents, district representatives and organizers relative to delinquencies and withdrawal liability to assist in communications with signatory employers.