The alcohol industry is heavily regulated at both the state and federal levels, and it can be difficult for alcohol manufacturers, retail licensees, and distributors to navigate these laws and regulations without knowledgeable counsel. The alcohol industry is dynamic, and licensees need reliable information and guidance when faced with the legal and regulatory issues that impact their operations.
Tucker Arensberg regularly monitors the news, legislation, Liquor Control Board Advisory Opinions, and court decisions in order to keep our clients informed and to advise them on any potential impact to their business. We are also associate members of the Brewers of Pennsylvania, frequently sponsor alcohol industry events, and provide updates to the alcohol industry through our twitter account at @PA_Alcohol_Law.
We offer our clients peace of mind by delivering a comprehensive range of services to guide their business, and we provide cost-effective assistance that is backed by years of proven experience. Our alcohol industry services include:
- Selection of business entity and development of a business strategy
- Application for liquor licenses and approvals, both state and federal, including pre-application strategy and prequalification analysis
- Drafting and reviewing contracts, including leases, distributor agreements, construction contracts, and vendor contracts
- Defending Dram Shop liability claims
- Defending regulatory enforcement actions, citations, and nuisance bar allegations by the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board and the Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement
- Protecting your intellectual property, including trademarks, copyrights, recipes, and trade secrets
- Advising on employment and non-compete related matters
- Full service real estate advice from purchasing or leasing property to zoning issues and real estate settlements
- Handling all aspects of the acquisition, sale, and financing of restaurants, taverns, hotels, breweries, wineries and other liquor licensees, and related businesses
- Providing business planning and tax advice