Bill concentrates his practice on advising fiduciaries on the complex laws and regulations which govern their activities. These laws include, federal and state banking laws, federal and state securities laws, ERISA, and common law fiduciary principles. He counsels foundations, endowments, and education institutions on their duties and responsibilities. His practice involves working with OCC, state banking officials, the SEC, FINRA, the Department of Labor and local probate courts. He recently served as an expert witness for the Enforcement Division of the SEC in a breach of fiduciary duty enforcement proceeding.
He also assists clients in compliance and risk management directed to reduce their exposure to legal and regulatory violations. His clients include banks and trust companies, investment advisers, brokers, investment counseling firms and insurance companies.
Bill concentrates his practice serving wealth managers and fiduciaries, as well as individuals. Bill served as Chief Trust Counsel to a major financial institution prior to entering private practice where he acquired a broad range of experience in representing fiduciaries.
- Served as an expert witness involving the duties and responsibilities of fiduciaries including estate and trust matters including in a case in which he testified on behalf of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Represents banks, trust companies, investment advisers and broker dealers in fiduciary matters.
- Represents numerous banks and trusts in fiduciary compliance and examination issues.
Presentations & Publications
- "The Regulation of Investment Management and Fiduciaries", Author, published by West Group.
- "Trade and Commercial Laws of the Russian Federation: Official Codification and Commentary". Compiled and edited by the Academy of Jurisprudence of the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation, The Institute of Economic Problems of the Transitional Period of the Academy of Sciences of the Russian Federation, expert commentary.