Tom served as the firm’s Managing Shareholder from 2009 – 2020. His practice is concentrated in the areas of corporate and business matters, mergers and acquisitions, and school law. In addition to businesses involved in manufacturing, distribution, education, retail, services and other industries, Tom’s clients also include many non-profit corporations and associations as well as local school districts.
- Lead counsel in merger of two multinational hardware cooperatives involving thousands of retail outlets and combined sales of $5 billion.
- Lead counsel in acquisition home improvement store chain in bankruptcy.
- Negotiation of many major commercial contracts with clients’ customers, suppliers, landlords, lenders, insurance carriers and employees.
- Successful negotiation and implementation of complex succession plan, shareholder agreement and recapitalization of family owned manufacturing company.
- Successful negotiation of many severance agreements between clients and executives, avoiding expense and risks of litigation.
- Serves as solicitor to Mt. Lebanon School District and has been involved in all aspects of public education law for over 30 years including includes public sector labor and employment law, Right to Know Law and Open Meeting Law matters, student matters, bidding and public contracts, tax assessment/collection and public sector finance.