Sloane is a member of the firm’s Insolvency and Creditors’ Rights Department and the ERISA withdrawal liability team, which represents multiemployer pension funds in arbitrations and district courts nationwide. Additionally, Sloane has experience advising tax-exempt entities in a variety of matters, including Board of Directors disputes. In state court, she has experience representing businesses, financial institutions, and equipment lessors in breach of contract and recovery matters.
- Advises tax-exempt entities on Board of Director restructuring and internal disputes;
- Represents national pension funds and financial institutions in bankruptcy matters;
- Represents a medical device and supply company in defense of preference and avoidance actions;
- Represents national financial institutions in recovery matters; and
- Represents national pension funds in arbitration and district courts nationwide on a variety of issues related to withdrawal liability, including the application of the Building and Construction Industry Exemption, transactions to “evade or avoid” withdrawal liability, controlled group liability, and the “pay now, dispute later” rule.