Rebecca’s transactional practice is focused on the representation of corporate clients in a wide variety of legal matters. Working in industries including healthcare, life sciences, oil and gas and construction, she is adaptable and knows that understanding her client’s business is essential to achieving the best outcome. Rebecca regularly represents sellers in mergers & acquisitions (M&A) transactions and enjoys helping clients navigate the M&A process and understand legal elements of the transaction in order to get the most out of their deal. Rebecca regularly acts as advisor and outside counsel to companies to review legal issues, negotiate a wide range of contracts and evaluate legal risks. Having worked as in-house counsel prior to joining Tucker Arensberg, Rebecca knows first-hand the expectations clients have for an attorney in this role.
In addition to her work with businesses, Rebecca regularly works with individuals in the healthcare field. She negotiates employment agreements for physicians, physical therapists, veterinarians and other healthcare providers. Rebecca frequently reviews and negotiates a physician’s first contract through Tucker’s Resident and Fellow Contract Review Program and is called on again when it is time for the physician to move on to new opportunities as a more established physician.
Rebecca has supported the firm’s clients in number of large commercial litigation matters. Her knowledge of businesses and corporate issues adds value to the litigation team, and she uses her litigation experience to advise corporate clients. Lessons learned from litigation have become a way explain what seem to be hypothetical legal issues in the beginning of a transaction or relationship in a more concrete fashion so clients can appropriately evaluate and mitigate risks.
Early in her career, Rebecca worked as in-house counsel for an international engineering and construction company in the coal industry. She started her career at Tucker Arensberg preparing oil, gas, coal and mineral title opinions and has provided due diligence, contract and litigation support for clients in the industry.
Rebecca is a member of the Firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions, Healthcare and Real Estate & Construction Practice Groups. She helps the Firm develop its young attorneys by acting as an associate mentor and by chairing its Associate / Shareholder Committee. She is also Vice Chair of the Tucker Arensberg’s Business and Finance Department.
Attention to detail, negotiation and due diligence are just a few of Rebecca’s greatest strengths, and she uses these skills to address client needs and to analyze risks and potential resolutions that deliver positive results.
- Represents buyers and sellers in M&A transactions including the drafting and negotiating of Letters of Intent, Purchase Agreements, Employment Agreements, and documents related to rollover equity. She has been involved in deals ranging from $500,000 to $50,000,000. Each year she works on a large volume of acquisitions of physical therapy practices, but she has also worked on transactions in other healthcare disciplines (including optometry, dentistry, and veterinary practices) and industries as varied as funeral homes, family-owned oil and gas operators, and a trailer rental company.
- Drafts and negotiates a broad range of commercial contracts and agreements including master services agreements, distribution agreements, supply agreements, non-disclosure agreements, purchase orders, terms and conditions, bid submittals, construction contracts and subcontracts.
- Advises corporate clients on general legal matters, including the evaluation of potential claims by and against her clients.
- Has served in the role as temporary in-house counsel when her clients have needed additional support to cover a maternity leave or temporary vacancy in the legal department. In this role she is integrated into client systems and works directly with business partners to negotiate contracts and meet other legal needs.
- Frequently negotiates employment agreements for physicians, dentists, veterinarians, and other healthcare professionals.
- Represented an engineering company in a multi-party, multi-billion dollar dispute relating to the construction of a steel processing facility.
- Represented oil and gas owners in multi-party litigation related to failed and fraudulent transfer of title, defective title opinions and royalty deductions.
- Prepared oil, gas, coal and mineral title opinions and provided due diligence support and transactional assistance to the firm’s oil and gas clients.