Neil focuses on ERISA matters for multiemployer trust funds, with an emphasis on:
- Withdrawal Liability
- Controlled Group Liability
- Bankruptcy Claims
- Asset Sales/Stock Sales
- Delinquent Contributions
- Successor/Alter Ego Liability
Within Pennsylvania and the surrounding states, Neil represents various multiemployer trust funds sponsored by the Carpenters, Bricklayers, Iron Workers, Laborers, Operating Engineers, Painters, Plumbers, and Steamfitters.
On a nationwide basis, Neil continuously handles dozens of withdrawal liability and bankruptcy claims for the Steelworkers Pension Trust, as well as the Boilermaker-Blacksmith National Pension Trust whose collective assets are worth over $11 billion.
While in law school, Neil interned for the Honorable Donald E. Ziegler in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and in the Legal Department of the UPMC Health System. Neil was also an in-house attorney at Fedex Ground.
Presentations & Publications
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans ("IFEB") 2018 Annual Conference - New Orleans
- “Identifying the Employer Subject to Withdrawal Liability”
- “Managing Withdrawal Liability and Collecting Every Penny of It”
- Law Firm Alliance - 2018 Nationwide Webinar, “Withdrawal Liability for Attorneys”
- The International Foundation of Employee Benefits (“IFEB”) 2017 Annual Conference - Las Vegas, “Advanced Withdrawal Liability for Attorneys”
- IFEB 2017 Collections Institute - Santa Monica, “Unique ERISA Collection Cases - You Be The Judge” and “Two Hat Dilemma: Which Hat Are You Wearing”
- IFEB 2016 Annual Conference - Orlando, “Understanding an Employer’s Bankruptcy Impact on Trust Funds”
- IFEB 2016 Collections Institute - Boston, “Beyond the Signatory Employer”
- IFEB 2015 Annual Conference - Honolulu, “DOL Apprentice Fund Audits”
- IFEB 2015 Collections Institute - Las Vegas, “ERISA Collections and Bankruptcy” United Steelworkers Union - 2015 District 1 Annual Meeting - Cleveland, “Withdrawal Liability”
- IFEB 2014 Annual Conference - Boston, “Emerging ERISA Collection Issues”
- IFEB 2014 Collections Institute - Santa Monica, “ERISA Litigation and Bankruptcy” “Attorney Breakout Session” on Withdrawal Liability, Construction Industry Exemption, Controlled Group Liability, and Asset Sales Designed to Evade or Avoid Withdrawal Liability