Mike is a healthcare lawyer focusing on compliance, credentialing and peer review, reimbursement, contracts, HIT, HIPAA and telehealth issues for physicians.
- Health Information Technology (HIT): Electronic health records, telehealth and telemedicine, and licensing
- Reimbursement: Medicare and third party payment, managed care contracting, business structures and joint ventures
- Compliance: Anti-kickback, Stark, audits and investigations
- Credentialing: Medical staff and state licensing, peer review, investigations and hearings
- HIPAA: Privacy and Security
Mike is the publisher of the Med Law Blog (www.medlawblog.com), the firm’s health law blog, and has been certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) by the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA).
Presentations & Publications
- “Legal Implications: Surge in Telemedicine During COVID-19 Pandemic,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute Health Law Institute 2021
- “Peer Review Re-Engineered: The New Paradigm of Employed Physicians and Value-Based Purchasing,” AHLA Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute, New Orleans, LA, February, 2018
- “Telehealth Update”, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Philadelphia, PA, March 2016
- “The 2015 Databank Guidebook: Significant Changes, Issues and Challenges” - AHLA 2016 Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute, February 2016
- “Chapter 6. Introduction to Telehealth” - Health Law Handbook, Vol. 27, No.1, 2015 Edition, Thomson Reuter Publisher
- “2015 NPDB Guidebook: Issues and Challenges” - presented by AHLA and the National Practitioner Data Bank “Introduction to Telehealth” - Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Philadelphia, PA, March 2015