Mark concentrates his practice in general civil and commercial litigation, and regularly represents individuals in personal injury and estate litigation. Mark also advises manufacturing clients on export compliance and licensing issues.
Prior to attending law school, Mark worked as a contract analyst, with a particular focus on International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliance and Export Administration Regulations (EAR). While in law school, Mark served as a judicial extern to Pennsylvania Superior Court Judges Mary Jane Bowes and U.S. District Court Judge Nora Barry Fischer.
- Successful defense of executor client in will contest trial before the Allegheny County Register of Wills. Obtained compulsory non-suit on behalf of respondent due to petitioner’s failure to show that testator suffered from weakened intellect.
- Successful defense of elderly business owner in emergency capacity hearing brought by son following his termination from employment. Mark was able to have the petitioner’s case dismissed on a non-suit for failure to establish incapacity or mental incompetence.
- Assisted in obtaining summary judgment and dismissal of plaintiff’s claims of conspiracy, tortious interference, breach of contract and unjust enrichment in lawsuit concerning interpretation and negotiation of an oil and gas lease. This case created new law in Pennsylvania when the Superior Court affirmed the trial court’s ruling that the non-attorney consultant engaged in the unauthorized practice of law through drafting and negotiating an oil and gas lease.
- Represented powdered metal parts supplier in dispute with the American subsidiaries of a foreign automotive parts manufacturer. Obtained favorable resolution for client through the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania’s alternative dispute resolution program.
- Successfully represented a small manufacturer subject to investigation by the Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry & Security for a suspected Export Administration Regulations (EAR) violation.