Mark is an associate in the Business and Finance Group and is a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions, Intellectual Property, Privacy, Data Security & Technology and Non-Profit Organizations practice groups. Mark finds profound enjoyment in providing counsel to newly formed businesses and entities, including technology start-ups, regarding a wide range of business-related issues. Mark will often advise and interact with corporate clients and in-house general counsel regarding various corporate compliance and regulatory issues.
Additionally, Mark is a registered patent attorney and is permitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. With a strong technical background in Biology and Chemistry, Mark has experience advising clients on protecting a wide variety of patents, patent-related issues, trademarks and copyrights. Mark is heavily involved in negotiating trademark and copyright applications on behalf of national clients.
Prior to joining Tucker, Mark was employed as an associate attorney at a well-established regional law firm in the Pittsburgh area. In his career, he has gained valuable experience in drafting all forms of corporate agreements and transactional documents, including bylaws, complex operating agreements, asset purchase agreements, purchase and sale agreements, shareholder’s agreements, master service agreements, license agreements, and software license agreements.
- Assisted with representing construction company in obtaining revolving line of credit in aggregate principal amount of $10mm, equipment term loan in amount of $2.45mm, two real estate term loans in amount of $1.4mm each, and term loan in amount of $2.5mm (5 amendments thereafter in which construction company obtained additional multi-million dollar revolving lines of credit)
- Assisted with representing national religious non-profit organization in its merger with its canonical entity and restructured its real estate portfolio to effectuate large-scale lease project with regional health care provider
- Assisted with several additional multi-million dollar asset purchase agreements (representing both buyer and seller)
- Assisted with representing multimillion-dollar local radio broadcasting company in obtaining term loan note in amount of $19.6mm
- Assisted with representing client in its acquisition of $1.2mm carwash
- Assisted with representing multimillion-dollar company in its corporate restructure/downstream merger
- Assisted with representing and negotiating on behalf of tenant (my personal client) a ten-year lease for 78,000 square foot property
- Successfully formed several non-profit organizations, including working directly with clients to draft and file 1023 and 1023-EZ applications.