Kevin has helped clients secure successful results at all stages of federal, state and administrative court litigation, including in several highly publicized matters. Of note, he is a go to advisor for clients who have historically used smaller firms to handle growing closely held businesses and has significant experience handling litigation matters, working with transactional counsel with pre-existing client relationships.
Mr. Hall also regularly represents clients in the municipal, healthcare, and government affairs spaces, with particular focuses assisting long term care facilities with guardianships and medical assistance, as well as service as solicitor and special counsel and industry specific lobbying.
He also is regularly retained by national and regional title insurance companies to represent their insured lenders and purchasers, as well as entities facing burdensome TCPA claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Kevin served as a summer associate with the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General’s Tax Litigation Section, and a boutique nationwide immigration firm. His prior experience as an attorney consists of time spent with the Pennsylvania Office of General Counsel as well as handling litigation matters for the oldest law firm in the country.
Kevin is active in pro bono litigation, often encouraging associates at the firm to become engaged in such matters. Of note, he handled a high-profile civil defense regarding defamation claims against individuals who had posted on social media regarding the alleged practices of a well-known restaurant establishment. Mr. Hall has been featured in articles posted in the Harrisburg Patriot News, Reading Eagle and online legal new outlet, Above the Law.
- Petition for preliminary injunction against a competitive business in violation of non-compete agreements for large solar installation company.
- Defense of Telephone Consumer Privacy Class Action cases in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Prosecution of multi-million dollar mechanics liens against warehouse and distribution center owners and general contractors.
- Pursuit of breach of contract on behalf of private aviation lenders against defaulting parties pursuant to a lease and guaranty.
- Thwarted quiet title action against commercial building in downtown Pittsburgh due to purported failed recording of mortgage.
- Oil and gas lease injunction in which landlord argued that gas company’s lease had expired for failure to conduct drilling activities.
- Coal company’s breach of warranty claim on multi-million dollar piece of equipment.
- Defense of multi-million dollar claims against long-term care facilities in state and federal court.
- Wrongful Death action on behalf of motorcyclist needlessly killed in tragic car accident in Central Pennsylvania involving multiple insurance policies.
Administrative and Municipal
- Solicitor for the Dauphin County Redevelopment Authority, Dauphin County Land Bank Authority, Swatara Township and Dauphin County Prothonotary
- Litigation to uphold stormwater fees against challenge that the implementation of fees were improper.
- Action before the Pennsylvania Board of Education to prohibit creation of unnecessary replication of services.
- Multi-year litigation before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission to determine application of smart metering legislation.
- Attorney General investigation into alleged predatory tactics of online retail establishment involving Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law.
- Election petition challenge to remove improper candidates from ballot for failure to follow election laws during signature process.
- Pursuit of six figure medical assistance recovery on behalf of long-term care facility.
- Closed on multi-million dollar acquisition of new business location for regional solar enterprise.
- Reviewed and oversaw redraft of harassment policies for billion dollar trust fund.
- Reorganized warehouse distribution business following IRS investigation into improper tax scheme of owners.
- Sale of multi-million dollar junkyard operation and real estate assets.
- Corporate reorganization of real estate agency following franchise with national flag entity.
- Assisted residential lender with oversight of loan portfolio and guidance of CFPB regulations following potential errors claimed by borrowers.