Ken focuses his practice on serving the hospitality and alcohol industries as well as representing clients with their litigation, corporate and business operations, construction and intellectual property matters. He maintains an alcohol law blog, www.PaAlcohollaw.com and an active twitter feed (@Pa_Alcohol_Law) discussing news impacting the alcohol industry . Ken also has experience assisting long-term care facilities with drafting guardianship petitions, obtaining court approval of guardians, and pursuing collections actions, including against a resident’s fiduciary who fails to cooperate in providing or securing payment for the resident’s care.
Ken was a judicial law clerk for a Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice. As a clerk, he prepared opinions on numerous significant legal issues including land development, uninsured and underinsured motorist insurance, trustee compensation and capital murder.
Prior to his clerkship, Ken was an associate with a construction litigation firm, where he represented subcontractors, contractors, owners and design professionals in a variety of legal matters including contract disputes and mechanic’s lien claims.
- Pursued mechanics’ lien claims for a national factoring company.
- Assisted an international hotel brand in securing a liquor license for a newly renovated hotel in Center City Philadelphia.
- Defended an international retailer against premises liability and property damage claims.
- Represented a brewery in a claim against a manufacturer related to defective glass bottles.
- Assisted a national nursing home operator with obtaining guardianships for its incapacitated residents.