Jill currently focuses her practice on ERISA litigation. She works as part of the firm’s ERISA litigation team litigating both withdrawal liability and delinquent contributions cases on behalf of multiemployer pension plans in arbitration and federal courts at a local and national level. These cases included litigating issues such as controlled group liability, successor liability, the Building and Construction Industry Exemption, the “Pay Now, Dispute Later” Rule, the date of withdrawal from a multi-employer pension plan, bond claims in cases of delinquent contributions on public projects, and the paid-in-full defense.
Prior to joining Tucker Arensberg, Jill spent years practicing in various aspects of corporation litigation. She has experience in a wide range of areas, including breach of contract, ERISA liability, employment discrimination, trademark and copyright litigation, enforcement of non-compete agreements, insurance coverage and mass tort cases, among others. She also spent a number of years working for the government as a securities regulator. As a result, she has extensive experience with investigations and proceedings instituted by government agencies.
- Represented real estate broker in civil RICO case.
- Represented insurance broker in business defamation case.
- Represented health care companies in employment discrimination cases.
- Represented entertainment company in trademark and copyright matters, as well as in matters enforcing rights of publicity, both domestically and internationally.
- Supervised investigations of investment fraud, including undercover operations, and assisted federal agencies with prosecution of fraud.
- Represented the Commonwealth in civil proceedings relating to securities and investment fraud.