Jeremy helps employers and their managers proactively solve legal issues in the workplace and, when the need arises, represents them in court and before administrative agencies like the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Department of Labor (DOL), and unemployment compensation bureau.
Outside the courtroom, his practice involves:
- Offering guidance on personnel actions and compliance with anti-discrimination, disability, and leave laws
- Reviewing pay practices
- Preventing and investigating discrimination, harassment, and retaliation complaints
- Drafting non-compete, non-solicitation, confidentiality, severance and other sorts of employment agreements
- Revising employee handbooks and workplace policies
- Handing claims for unemployment compensation
- Educating HR and other groups about legal issues in the workplace
Jeremy represents companies and individuals in a variety of commercial disputes, including thouse involving breach of contract, negligence, and fraud. He also represents companies and individuals in a variety of commercial disputes, including those involving breach of contract, negligence, fraud and oil and gas matters. He represents utility companies in court and before the Public Utility Commission (PUC) on a wide range of issues, including those involving allegations of property damage, unsafe or unreasonable service, and personal injury.
- Defended and reached favorable resolution of a class and collective action alleging that the franchisee of a national ice cream eatery failed to pay its employees overtime and took improper payroll deductions over the span of several years.
- Successfully represented landscaping company accused of terminating an employee for seeking worker’s compensation benefits.
- Prepared briefing that secured the pre-trial dismissal of claims a nurse brought against her former employer for breach of contract, misrepresentation, defamation, and violation of the Pennsylvania whistleblower law.
Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Successfully defended local utility company against a breach of contract lawsuit that arose out of the termination of a purchase order agreement relating to an environmental remediation project.
- Obtained judgment on behalf of a bank in a lawsuit claiming that it induced its customer to enter a commercial lending transaction by making allegedly fraudulent misrepresentations, and preserved the favorable result through the appeals process.