Jennifer is an elder law attorney and works with families and individuals to assist in the development of estate plans, estate and trust administration and special needs planning. She assists clients with long-term care planning, including Medicaid eligibility, asset protection planning, and discussion and evaluation of care options and payment for long-term care.
Jennifer’s estate planning practice includes both personal and business planning, and in that capacity, she drafts Wills, Financial and Healthcare Powers of Attorney, and Trusts. Jennifer also assists clients with public benefits planning and eligibility and special needs planning, including drafting of special and supplemental needs trusts. Additionally, she represents clients in guardianship proceedings, and handles all aspects of estate and trust administration for clients.
Jennifer also works with small business clients with initial set up of their business entity and advises business clients regarding business succession planning and estate planning matters related to business assets.
Prior to joining Tucker, Jennifer worked as an associate attorney helping clients with their estate planning and administration matters, along with elder law and long-term care planning. She also gained experience assisting businesses with real estate transactions, preparing sales agreements, reviewing title searches and deeds and conducted real estate closings.
Presentations & Publications
Jennifer is a regular presenter and speaker. Some of her recent engagements include:
- “Estate Planning Updates” Presented webinar as part of the Penn State Beaver Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Professional Education program (Fall 2022)
- “Why Estate Planning is Important for Everyone” webinar series co-presented along with Edward Jones Financial Advisors (November 2022)
- “Navigating the Long-Term Care Maze” Presented webinar through the Parkinson Foundation of Western PA (July 2022)
- “Estate Planning and Probate” Presented to through the Pittsburgh Paralegal Association for Continuing Education credits (June 2022)
- “Long Term Care and Estate Planning” Presented at the Jefferson Hills Public Library (April 2022)
- “Estate Planning” Presented to CCAC (Community College of Allegheny County) students as part of their community education courses (March 2022)
- “Resident Home Contracts” Presented webinar as part of the Penn State Beaver Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Professional Education program (Fall 2021)
- “Elder Law and Long-Term Planning” Presented webinar as part of the Penn State Beaver Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Professional Education program (Fall 2021)
- “Estate Planning” Presented to CCAC (Community College of Allegheny County) students as part of their community education courses (October 2021)
- “Looking to the Future: Digital Assets & Estates” Presented to a group of private webinar attendees using the Tucker Arensberg webinar software (September 2021)
Jennifer also conducts group trainings on various topics related to:
- Asset Protection Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Caring and providing for Special Needs, Elder & Incapacitated loved ones
- Estate & Trust Planning & Administration
- Federal Estate/Gift/GST and PA Inheritance Tax Minimization
- Guardianship proceedings
- Healthcare and Financial powers of attorney
- Inter-generational transfers of wealth and asset preservation
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance), eligibility and reimbursement
- Special and Supplemental Needs Trusts
- Social Security Disability & Dependent benefits (SSD)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)