Ian is part of the firm’s ERISA litigation team that represents pension funds in withdrawal liability and delinquency matters in arbitration and federal courts throughout the country. He has successfully helped the team to recover millions of dollars for pension funds in matters that are often heavily contested. Ian regularly assists with claims involving asset sales/stock sales, successor liability/alter ego, the Building and Construction Industry Exemption, delinquencies, as well as general civil litigation claims.
Prior to joining Tucker Arensberg, Ian worked at a health care litigation defense firm, where he assisted in all stages of litigation in the area of medical malpractice defense, as well as licensing matters, and advised clients as to noncompete agreements and formation of businesses.
During law school, Ian completed internships with the Honorable Nora Barry Fischer of the U.S. District Court and the Honorable David N. Wecht of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Member of trial team who obtained a district court’s affirmation of an arbitrator’s award in favor of a pension fund for $78 million in an action against an employer who made a transaction to evade or avoid withdrawal liability.
- Assisted in litigating withdrawal liability claims relating to the Building and Construction Industry Exemption.
- Negotiated favorable settlements and assisted in drafting agreements in various withdrawal liability matters for pension funds.
- Recovered delinquencies owed to pension funds in excess of hundreds of thousands of dollars under various theories, including piercing the corporate veil and personal liability.
- Member of trial team who defended numerous health care practitioners in all stages of litigation in medical malpractice claims.
- Counseled clients in navigating issues relating to common ownership of entities.