Gavin practices in the areas of Municipal, Real Estate, Zoning & Land Use and Corporate & Business Law.
Gavin’s representation includes:
- Attending meetings for the firm’s public sector clients and advising them on matters related to employment, zoning, policy and other general issues as needed.
- Serving as general counsel to for-profit and non-profit corporate clients handling all aspects of business law, from formation to dissolution.
- Representing clients in the areas of land use/zoning/entitlements.
- Representing both condemnees (property owners) and condemnors (municipalities/authorities) in eminent domain matters, including acquiring temporary and permanent easements for road construction projects and sewer repair/replacement projects.
- Representing both commercial and residential property owners and taxing bodies in tax assessment appeals and tax exemption matters.
- Representing landlords in collection and eviction actions.
Gavin currently serves as the appointed Town Attorney of the Town of McCandless, Solicitor of Churchill Borough, Brentwood Borough and the North Hills Council of Governments.
- Assisted bars, restaurants and breweries in obtaining zoning and land development approvals
- Negotiated settlements of multi-year, multi-million dollar tax assessment appeals on behalf of both property owners and taxing bodies
- Successfully defended a municipal police department in a jury trial where the department was sued for damages allegedly arising from a traffic stop
- Negotiated and documented merger of mortgage brokers/bankers and assisted with related regulatory issues