Evan represents a wide variety of businesses in litigation and compliance matters and develops comprehensive strategies to protect and enforce trademark, copyright and other intellectual property assets owned by his clients.
Evan regularly advises businesses and individuals on civil litigation and risk mitigation strategies and has successfully throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He represents clients through all stages of litigation including pretrial and discovery proceedings, trials, mediation and arbitration, appeals, and administrative proceedings. Following the conclusion of litigation matters, Evan is often retained in an ongoing corporate capacity as general counsel and regularly advises clients on many matters related to contracts, employment, trade secrets, and regulatory oversight.
Evan also advises clients on intellectual property matters including trademarks, service marks, copyrights, licensing and infringement. He assists clients develop their marketing and branding campaigns to identify their intellectual property assets worthy of protection and develops the most costs effective strategy to protect those assets. A unique portfolio of intellectual property assets requires careful and constant attention to prevent infringement, theft and dilution and Evan works closely to develop and implement a trademark and copyright “watch” strategy to identify unauthorized uses and aggressively pursues equitable relief and damages. Evan’s intellectual property representation includes drafting and filing of trademark applications to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”), responses to USPTO Office Actions, prosecution and defense of trademark objection proceedings before the USPTO’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and infringement litigation in federal court.
Evan’s practice also includes representation of liquor licensees in various aspects of the alcohol industry. Evan represents retail licensees, manufacturers and distributors with regard to liquor license citations issued by the Pennsylvania State Police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement (“BLCE”), as well as transfer and renewal hearings before the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board (“PLCB”). Representative liquor licensee clients includes restaurants, taverns, breweries, wineries, distilleries, music venues, hotels and management companies.
- Secured preliminary injunctive relief for insurance industry client whose former employees threatened to misappropriate customer lists and other proprietary information
- Resolved and dismissed various fraud and contract related claims in federal court pertaining to a client’s offer of securities to investors in the automotive industry.
- Represent Pennsylvania liquor licensees in non-renewal hearings and citation hearings before the PLCB and BLCE.
- Worked closely with a petroleum industry business to conduct due diligence and implement a brand protection strategy for a formerly well-known and abandoned trademark in the industry.
- Successfully represented an Amazon.com business that was accused of trademark infringement by a manufacturer of products it was selling.