Business and Commercial Litigation
She has obtained favorable verdicts for her clients in federal and state bench and jury trials, arbitration and administrative and regulatory proceedings. She has represented small businesses, large corporations, public utilities, universities, businesses, school districts, individuals and hospitals in a wide variety of claims, including contract disputes, theft of trade secrets, violations of restrictive covenants and employment agreements, property damage, premises liability and collections.
Long-Term Care and Elder Law
Danielle has represented one of the country’s largest long-term care providers with legal matters throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. She represents skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and personal care homes with a variety of legal needs, including navigating the public benefits system, drafting internal policies, assisting with collections, and defending appeals of discharge notices.
Danielle also helps individual clients and their loved ones deal with legal issues that arise in an aging population, including planning for public benefits such Medical Assistance-Long Term Care, appealing denials of those benefits (as well as undue hardship waiver requests) and appealing denials of insurance. She also assists families who need to obtain a guardianship for a loved one, or that have a dispute with an agent under Power of Attorney. She has successfully litigated in the Orphan’s Court.
Small and Women-Owned Businesses (WBE)
Danielle frequently functions as “outside general counsel” for small businesses that are not large enough to require their own full-time attorney, but that still have a variety of legal needs. She helps them identify and resolve legal needs as they arise, such as contract matters, intellectual property issues, collections, employment issues and corporate governance and growth.
Danielle focuses a portion of her practice on assisting Women-Owned Businesses with achieving WBE certification. She reviews corporate documentation in advance of the application to identify and resolve potential problem areas prior to the application. Danielle also reviews and revises applications prior to submission, and represents the business should an appeal become necessary. She is active in supporting the local WBE community and is committed to the growth of Women-Owned Businesses in our area.
- Represented loan servicers in defense of RESPA, TILA and FDCPA claims.
- Represents physicians on a regular basis in responding to subpoenas for medical records, including in the opioid litigation.
- Represented a Women-Owned Business in successfully appealing a denial of PA-UCP certification.
- Represented a commercial lender in an action to appoint a receiver and foreclose on four hotels.
- Prosecution and defense of mechanic’s liens.
- Representation of several large electric and telecommunications companies in seeking recovery for damage to their facilities caused by violations of the Pennsylvania One-Call Act, motor vehicle accidents, negligent construction activities and other forms of negligence. She also defends these utilities in claims brought against them.
- Obtained a jury verdict in excess of $1,000,000 for a developer due to a decrease in the value of his development due to actions of the neighboring landowners.