Small, Women and Diverse-Owned Businesses
A large portion of Danielle’s practice focuses on the representation of Small, Disadvantaged, Disabled, Minority, Women, Veteran and LGBT -owned businesses. She frequently functions as “outside general counsel” for businesses that are not large enough to require their own full-time attorney, but that still have a variety of legal needs. She helps them identify and resolve legal needs as they arise, such as contract matters, intellectual property issues, collections, employment issues and corporate governance and growth.
Danielle also focuses a portion of her practice on assisting these businesses with obtaining and maintaining diversity certifications. For example, Danielle represents companies applying for certifications such as the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certification through the United States Department of Transportation DBE Program and state agencies. She reviews corporate documentation in advance of the application to identify and resolve potential problem areas prior to the submission of the application. Companies seek out Danielle to appeal denials of their DBE certification applications, or to represent them in actions seeking to revoke DBE certification. She is very active in the local WBE community and is committed to the growth of diversely owned businesses in our area.
Health Care and Long-Term Care
Danielle represents medical providers in HIPAA breach response and risk analysis, Medicare/Medicaid and/or insurance audit responses and other legal matters. Danielle has represented one of the country’s largest long-term care providers in legal matters throughout Pennsylvania. She represents skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and personal care homes with a variety of legal needs, including handling Medical Assistance Long-Term Care appeals, drafting internal policies, collections, guardianships, disputes with agents under Power of Attorney, defending appeals of discharge notices and Medicaid audit responses.
Business and Commercial Litigation
Throughout her career, Danielle has obtained favorable verdicts for her clients in federal and state bench and jury trials, arbitration and administrative and regulatory proceedings. She has represented small businesses, large corporations, public utilities, universities, businesses, school districts, individuals and hospitals in a wide variety of claims, including contract disputes, theft of trade secrets, violations of restrictive covenants and employment agreements, property damage, premises liability and collections.
- Represented a Women-Owned Business in successfully appealing a denial of its application for DBE Certification through the PA-UCP certification program.
- Representation of several large chains of skilled nursing facilities in recovering millions of dollars owed for care provided to their residents.
- Represents physicians on a regular basis in responding to subpoenas for medical records, including in the opioid litigation.
- Obtained a jury verdict in excess of $1,000,000 for a developer due to a decrease in the value of his development due to actions of the neighboring landowners.
- Prosecution and defense of mechanic’s liens.
- Representation of several large electric and telecommunications companies in seeking recovery for damage to their facilities caused by violations of the Pennsylvania One-Call Act, motor vehicle accidents, negligent construction activities and other forms of negligence. She also defends these utilities in claims brought against them.