Brian focuses his practice on criminal defense law and his representation includes:
- State criminal offenses
- Federal criminal offenses including pre-indictment representation and white collar cases
- Trials and appeals in state and federal courts
- Judicial conduct board matters
He has served as lead trial counsel in over 100 jury trials including criminal defense for homicide, felony drug offenses, sexual offenses, and federal crimes. Brian is one of a select number of attorneys who have served as lead trial counsel in two separate death penalty trials. He has argued cases before the PA Superior Court, PA Supreme Court, 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals, and PA Board of Pardons.
Brian served as Deputy District Attorney, Dauphin County District Attorney’s Office from 1994 – 1997. He also served as a law clerk for the Honorable Jeffery A. Smith, President Judge of the Bradford County Court of Common Pleas. Brian is a former Dauphin county juvenile hearing examiner and former chairman of the prestigious Pennsylvania Supreme Court’s Criminal Procedural Rules Committee.
Prior joining Tucker Arensberg, Brian was majority owner and Managing Partner in the firm Perry, Shore, Weisenberger & Zemlock.
- Represented a Philadelphia-area business person accused of bribery and was granted a Rule 29 judgement of acquittal.
- Represented a former Penn State University athletic director charged with perjury-related offenses.
- Represented a former Hummelstown Police Officer acquitted of criminal homicide.
- Represented a national celebrity accused of sexual misconduct on appeal.
- Represented a former Dauphin county Chief Public Defender charged with conflict of interest.
- Represented multiple former Pennsylvania state senators and representatives charged with sexual and other misconduct.
- Represented multiple Magisterial District Judges charged with criminal misconduct and other disciplinary issues.
- Represents the PA Fraternal Order of Police in the Legal Defense Fund.
- Argued appellate cases before the Pennsylvania Superior and Supreme Courts, the Federal 3rd District of Appeals and Pennsylvania Board of Pardons.
Presentations & Publications
- "Effective Trial Advocacy", Widener University School of Law, 2019
- "Use of Force Investigations", Fraternal Order of Police, 2019
- "The Nuts and Bolts of Preliminary Hearings", Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2018
- "The Defense Perspective", Pennsylvania District Attorneys Institute, 2017
- "Media in High Profile Criminal Cases", with Cumberland County District Attorney David Freed, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2014