An experienced real estate attorney and title agent, Brett has extensive experience with negotiating commercial and residential agreements of sale and leases. With his combined experience as a title insurance agent, Brett brings a wide array of knowledge and skills to help buyers, sellers, owners and tenants navigate their transaction, no matter how routine or complex. Brett also served as associate general counsel to the Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS® from 2000 through 2017, and he continues to represent local associations of REALTORS®, real estate brokerages, teams and individual agents in all aspects of their businesses. Brett’s experience with real estate licensing laws and regulations brings a rare level of experience to his clients who are dealing with licensing matters with the State Real Estate Commission, or certification challenges with the State Board of Certified Real Estate Appraisers.
Brett also has a strong foundation as a corporate lawyer, which when combined with his litigation background, allows him to offer a very well-rounded perspective to his clients. By using the skills he honed as a litigator, Brett is able to identify potential pitfalls for his clients and help them develop positive solutions for issues before they become major problems. With experience as a litigator, mediator, transaction attorney and corporate lawyer, Brett brings a solution-oriented perspective as counsel for his clients.
- Represented an international non-profit organization with providing community based support services to individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism and mental health diagnoses
- Represented real estate agents and brokers against licensing and other disciplinary actions brought by the State Real Estate Commission
- Represented regional real estate investors in the purchase and sale of local hotels
- Represented local association of REALTORS® analyze and respond to local government efforts with rental ordinances and short term rental ordinances
- Filed amicus curiae brief with the U.S. Supreme Court on behalf of the Pennsylvania Association of Boroughs for the case Borough of Duryea v. Charles J. Guarnieri