Brandon O’Connor focuses his practice on all aspects of the business life cycle including: entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, business succession planning, commercial real estate, regulatory compliance, employment matters and other general and transactional business needs. He has represented businesses across different industries, including healthcare, agriculture, athletics, fitness and finance.
Brandon also provides estate planning and administration services. His estate planning mentality is to create a comprehensive plan which holistically considers the client’s wishes for the transfer of assets, tax saving opportunities and the dynamics of each client’s family circumstances. Brandon also has experience in administering both simple and complex estates. He can provide counsel to families who need assistance navigating the probate process, identifying the assets and liabilities of their loved ones, and guidance regarding the complexities of Pennsylvania’s inheritance tax and the Federal estate tax. Brandon also serves as counsel to financial institutions and other corporate fiduciaries advising them in their roles as power of attorney, executor or trustee.
Both of Brandon’s practice areas often involve real estate transactions, commercial and residential. He can serve as counsel from offer through closing for buyers or sellers, help retitle real estate, and draft lease agreements.
Brandon is a Florida native but has called Pennsylvania home since moving to attend law school at the Penn State Dickinson School Law in Carlisle. In Law School, Brandon received CALI Award distinctions for receiving top marks in Real Estate Negotiations and Drafting as well as in Electronic Evidence. He was also inducted into Dickinson’s Woolsack Honor Society, reserved for students graduating in the top 15% of their class.
Brandon currently lives in York County with his wife and daughter. He enjoys hiking with his family and chocolate lab, playing guitar and piano, and is a self-proclaimed home chef.
- Represented propane distribution company in two separate asset acquisitions totaling $8.9 million.
- Represented buyer in purchase of Harley-Davidson dealership which included elements of eminent domain, franchise agreements, state agency licensing and large inventory issues.
- Represented seller in forced sale of membership interest in LLC which operates a regional brewery which included intense negotiations over the valuation of membership interest.
- Represented seller in an asset sale of a $5 million dairy farm operation.
- Represent commercial warehouse developer in the drafting and negotiation of multi-year option and purchase agreements for the rezoning and redevelopment of farm and residential properties into large warehousing complexes.
- Represented landowner in ground lease and farm products agreement for the construction of a manure digester on his property.
- Successfully petitioned for the forfeiture of an absent parent’s right to a minor child’s estate valued at $1.2 million following a hearing and briefs on the Petition.
Presentations & Publications
- Planning for a Digital Estate, At Issue, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, March 2020
- Commercial Financing for Mergers & Acquisitions CLE - Dauphin County Bar Association, Fall 2020