Allison is an attorney in the firm’s Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights Group and concentrates her practice in the areas of creditors’ rights and insolvency, commercial and consumer bankruptcy, and commercial litigation, loan workout, and restructuring. Allison has significant experience representing commercial debtors, trustees, creditors’ committees, and creditors in chapter 7, 11, 12, and 13 bankruptcy cases.
Prior to joining Tucker Arensberg, Allison worked at a boutique bankruptcy and creditors’ rights law firm in Pittsburgh, and began her legal career as the only associate supporting several practices in the newly opened Pittsburgh office of a mid-size regional law firm. Additionally, Allison has experience in immigration law, working for a non-profit organization assisting clients with both family and employment based visas and the naturalization process. In law school, Allison participated in a partnership program with the Special Court of Sierra Leone, researching the admissibility of co-conspirator testimony as an exception to hearsay.
- Extensive experience representing secured and unsecured creditors, including mortgage holders, equipment lessors, and utility companies, in all stages of bankruptcy proceedings
- Represented chapter 11 trustee and liquidation trustee in complex bankruptcy case for beverage producer with multiple issues including criminal allegations against principals of the company
- Represented official committee of unsecured creditors in chapter 11 bankruptcy case of large franchise restaurant business
- Represented local furniture store in chapter 11 liquidation and going out of business process
- Represented manufacturer in the food industry through chapter 11 asset sale
- Represented heavy metals processor through chapter 11 asset sale and subsequently appointed plan administrator for claims objections and prosecution of chapter 5 actions including preference demands and adversary proceedings
- Represented international companies filing section 503(b)(9) administrative claims, including defense of such claims pursuant to the Third Circuit holding in World Imports
- Represented PACA trust creditors in all stages of federal litigation
- Represented commercial landlord through lease negotiations, rent demands, evictions, and other related matters