Alex Saksen is a top-notch labor/employment, transactional and litigation lawyer who is skilled in handling a variety of corporate and commercial transactions. If a business dispute results in litigation, he helps clients develop and execute successful litigation strategies. Over the course of nearly 25 years, he has gained a broad range of diversified experience for a variety of businesses in the state and federal courts throughout the country and the AAA, EEOC, Department of Labor, NASD, GAO and corresponding state agencies. He has served as lead counsel in litigation avoidance strategies, new legislation and lobbying, drafting and negotiating all matter of contracts and collective bargaining agreements.
Alex prides himself on taking the time to fully comprehend all aspects of his client’s case including understanding his client’s ideal expected outcome. While he is sensitive to not bill countless hours, Alex places his focus on efficiency and tireless preparation and takes a synergistic approach to facilitate “win-win” solutions for his clients. Over the course of his career, he has tried nearly 50 cases to verdict and only lost two.
- Represented real estate developers and retail organizations before EEOC and PHRC.
- First chair counsel in civil rights litigation and related injunctive proceedings regarding COVID-19.
- Investigated casualty at large office space development following fire and municipal condemnation.
- Served as outside general counsel for employment matters for multimillion dollar retail company.
- Negotiation, litigation, and trial of $26 million construction dispute.
- Served as first chair litigation counsel in claim by competitor for Microsoft contract business.
- Served as trial counsel for multinational banks in connection with poorly performing loans.
- Lobbied on clients’ behalf before Pennsylvania Legislature and Allegheny County Council regarding minority employment practices.