Tucker Arensberg, P.C., is a growing, highly-collaborative, mid-sized, full-service law firm that serves the needs of businesses and individuals alike. We have withstood the test of time since 1900 because of our core values. In that in every engagement we undertake, we are driven as counselors and partners to serve and enhance the business and needs of our clients. Our core purpose is to deliver personalized high-quality, responsive legal services in a timely and efficient manner that benefits our client. As an attorney with Tucker Arensberg, P.C., you will live true to our core values through our client first mentality and commitment to efficiency and transparency. You will practice law with a high level of ethics, personal responsibly and integrity in an environment that is both professionally and personally satisfying and rewarding. Our core values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves every day.
Under the direction and mentorship of a senior attorney and in collaboration with the Municipal and School practice group, the associate attorney will have significant client interaction along with a great deal of independence and entrepreneurship. Tucker Arensberg has the largest client base of municipal and school district clients in the Pittsburgh region and this position was created to continue to serve the growing numbers of our public sector clients.
Additionally, the associate attorney will be assigned a mentor though our robust mentorship program, an individual marketing budget for business development efforts along with guidance and direction for how to develop your practice. Tucker Arensberg also offers a collegial work environment and outstanding and desirable employee benefits. We’re looking for a lawyer who can multi-task and work independently on projects from beginning to end.
This is a hybrid work environment with a mix of in-office and remote work.
- Attend regular meetings and serve as a Solicitor
- Support clients in the broad and varied areas of code and ordinance enforcement, litigation, employment, and labor law
- Research issues; analyze and draft documents
- Three (3) or more years of experience in practicing law
- Experience working in the or with public sector clients preferred
- Able to work with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent project management, problem-solving and communication skills
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand/articulate the value that our firm provides
- Knowledge of the business development process and a desire to understand client objectives
- Solid writing and editing skills with a focus on developing impactful and persuasive messaging
- Driven self-starter with a proactive approach to serving clients at all levels
- Professional problem-solver and the ability to provide legal counsel of critical issues
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Capable of working in a deadline-driven environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously with a thorough attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as the ability to present
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities and client matters appropriately
- Competitive compensation, plus performance bonus model
- Medical, vision and dental
- Profit sharing / 401(k) plan
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Pre-tax parking/commuter expenses
- Mobile phone
- Modern workspace in PPG place in the very desirable market square in the heart of downtown Pittsburgh
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.