Conducting business today in a rapidly changing and often unpredictable environment is a daunting challenge. Planning and executing business transactions requires experience in many areas of the law including tax, securities, real estate, environmental, e-commerce, technology/intellectual property and the local law of the jurisdictions involved. From the inception of a small business to complex transactions for publicly held companies, our business lawyers provide clients with analyses of the business and legal issues and strategies of each matter, appreciation of the appropriate legal guidelines and creative choices from available alternatives.
Since 1900, Tucker Arensberg has served clients with distinction, skill and integrity. Our firm has been recognized by U.S. News and World Report as among the country’s Best Law Firms, and many of our attorneys are consistently named as America’s Best Lawyers and Super Lawyers. Our heritage, longevity and reputation for excellence are the result of our focus on client service and our attorneys’ extensive experience with a broad range of legal and business issues across many industries. We are committed not only to helping our clients solve traditional legal problems, but also to addressing emerging subjects such as data protection, e-commerce and technology. For more information about the depth of our experience and our unwavering commitment to client service, please review our practice group descriptions.
Our Business and Finance practice covers the entire spectrum of your legal needs:
Our attorneys also represent non-profit corporations and associations, professional corporations, general and limited partnerships and business trusts. Our multiple practice areas provide our business clients with the full range of expertise needed to survive – and thrive – in this environment.
- Representation of warehouse owner in claim against rubber membrane roofing manufacturer for premature failure of 650,000 square foot roof resulting in replacement of roof at minimal cost to owner.
- Representation of national owner of strip mall facilities in claim against rubber membrane roofing manufacture for premature failure of 250,000 square foot roof due to defective a fastening system resulting in replacement of roof at minimal cost to owner.
- Defense of multi-level marketer of anti-aging medicines and nutritional supplements in securities fraud claim by investors resulting in dismissal of all claims.
- Represented parties in shareholder disputes and non-compete disputes, breach of contract, fraud, misrepresentation, UCC, trademark and Lanham Act matters.
- Assisted residential lender with oversight of loan portfolio and guidance of CFPB regulations following potential errors claimed by borrowers.
- Represented shareholders of large privately owned parking business in shareholder dispute
- Advise corporate clients on general legal matters, including the evaluation of potential claims by and against clients.
- Served in the role as temporary in-house counsel when our clients have needed additional support to cover a maternity leave or temporary vacancy in the legal department.
- Drafts and negotiates a broad range of commercial contracts and agreements including master services agreements, distribution agreements, supply agreements, non-disclosure agreements, purchase orders, terms and conditions, bid submittals, construction contracts and subcontracts.
- Negotiation of many major commercial contracts with clients’ customers, suppliers, landlords, lenders, insurance carriers and employees.
- Prosecuted violation of a health and safety ordinance by getting a preliminary injunction for client.
- Drafted waivers and releases for clients.
- Reviewed, revised and negotiated supply and services contracts for clients.
- Drafts and negotiates a broad range of commercial contracts and agreements including LLC agreements, employment agreements, vendor agreements, purchase orders, terms and conditions, privacy policies, non-disclosure agreements, and others.
- Advises corporate clients on general legal matters, including the evaluation of contract terms and potential claims.
- Helps clients with initial set up of their business entity and advises business clients regarding business succession planning and estate planning matters related to business assets.
- Counseling owners of small and medium sized businesses at all stages of their business life cycle, from entity selection and formation, to developing and implementing an orderly business succession plan.
- Advising private for-profit and not-for-profit entities on corporate governance matters, including the role and responsibilities of directors.
- Entity formation, acquisition and dissolution, contract drafting and negotiation.