Daniel C. Conlon, Esq., email@example.com, (412) 594-3951
Allegheny County announced that its COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program (CHIRP) will begin accepting applications at noon on Monday, March 15 at https://alleghenycounty.us/CHIRP. The program allows businesses in the hospitality industry that were affected by the pandemic to receive grants of up to $50,000 to offset losses.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
• Businesses that lost 25% or more in gross receipts between 2019 and 2020;
• Businesses that operate in Allegheny County;
• Businesses with fewer than 300 full-time equivalent employees;
• Businesses with a maximum tangible net worth of not more than $15 million;
• Businesses that were in operation on February 15, 2020, remain in operation now, and do not intend to permanently cease operations within one year of the date of application;
• Businesses that have experienced an adverse economic impact from COVID-19 that make the grant request necessary to support the ongoing operations of the business; and
• Businesses with a 6-digit North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code beginning with 721 (Accommodation) or 722 (Food Services and Drinking Places); this is your principal business activity code listed on Line B of your 1040 Schedule C tax return filed for 2019.
WHAT IS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR THE GRANT?
• IRS tax form W9 with taxpayer identification number or federal employer identification number;
• Number of full-time equivalency employees;
• Electronic copy of 2019 Business Tax Return, if the return exists, or gross receipts by quarter for 2019;
• Electronic copy of 2020 Business Tax Return, if the return exists, or gross receipts by quarter for 2020;
• Bank name, account name, account type (checking, money market, etc.), bank account number, and bank routing number;
• Electronic copy of voided check for account to which funds will be sent (paper checks will not be issued); and
• Operating expenses (including rent, payroll, utilities, etc.) incurred between March 1, 2020 and time of application that have NOT already been offset by other grants, reimbursements or forgivable loans.
For more information on the COVID-19 Hospitality Industry Recovery Program or other COVID-19 business solution topics, Contact Daniel Conlon at firstname.lastname@example.org or access Tucker Arensberg’s recent articles regarding pandemic business solutions at: https://www.tuckerlaw.com/category/covid-19-answers-to-business-challenges
March 10, 2021
The same attributes that have anchored over a century of success are still our guiding principles today.
Enter your email address below and be notified when we post new information.