As we are all learning to live in the “new normal”, Tucker Arensberg continues to work remotely to protect our staff and attorneys, while serving the needs of existing and new clients.
Some recent highlights include:
- Assisting businesses in obtaining “essential business” status and waivers
- Advising clients through the process of dealing with a “positive test” employee
- Interpreting and applying CDC Guidance for the paid leave provisions of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Reviewing and advising on business interruption insurance issues
- Counseling hundreds of businesses making difficult decisions regarding reductions in force
- Assisting businesses with Paycheck Protection Program loan applications
- Providing information on best practices for estate and trust planning during a crisis
- Advising businesses and local governments on a variety of issues impacting them during COVID-19
- Assisting clients on many aspects of force majeure issues arising in the context of leases, loans and contracts
- Assisting financial institution clients in mitigating payment defaults with borrowers experiencing financial distress as a result of business closures
- Assisting manufacturers and suppliers to recover goods in transit as a result of payment default by customers
- Negotiating amended payment terms for supply agreements, loan obligations, and other contracts
During this time it is more critical than ever that our firm embraces its role as advisor and business partner so that we can provide timely advice to our clients as they navigate through unique issues that no one has ever dealt with before. Our commitment to this role will assist our clients’ efforts to stabilize their business and personal affairs during the crisis and to be productive thereafter.
Our attorneys are working with clients based on the clients’ schedules with the understanding that issues don’t always happen during the work day or work week. We have established a COVID-19 Resource Page on our website with up to the minute information on a very broad range of COVID-19 issues. In response to client needs, our firm has created the Tucker Arensberg COVID-19 Rapid Response Team which is a cross-functional group of lawyers that is available to quickly identify issues and offer solutions to the unique challenges arising as a result of the pandemic. Our Team can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage our clients and contacts to email their questions to the Team at any time and the attorney best suited to address these emails will respond within 12 hours.
Our goal is to continue to provide exceptional client service in a way that adapts to the ever-changing business environment that is being shaped by COVID-19.
We know that the foundation of exceptional client service is a safe and healthy workforce. During this crisis, we have sought to energize our firm with fun activities such as: creating hashtags evoking the firm’s own atmosphere during COVID-19 – the winning hashtag was: #tuckermakesithappen; hosting weekly Zoom Yoga Classes; and holding a “work from home” costume photo contest.
We are here to help. That is our commitment to our clients and our employees. Stay safe.