Introduction: I advise large and small companies regarding all aspects of business, including:
- formation, acquisition and reorganization,
- contracts and agreements,
- purchasing or selling real estate,
- raising capital in compliance with federal and state securities laws, and
- resolving commercial disputes through arbitration or litigation.
Additionally, I help businesses and individuals register, protect and enforce their domestic and international intellectual property rights in:
- copyrights, and
- domain names.
The clients I represent are entrepreneurs and businesses in the automotive, financial sevices, real estate, technology, transportation, health care, and hospitality industries, as well as many other unique enterprises. I also work with clients in the entertainment and technology industries on copyright, licensing, and royalty issues.
Areas of Practice: Intellectual Property; Corporate and Business Law; Litigation and Arbitration; Real Estate; International Law.
Articles and Publications: I am an Assistant Editor of the Vindobona Journal of International Commercial Law and Arbitration. I also write often about topices of interest to the businesses and individuals I represent. Some of my recent publications include:
- Protecting Your Dealership's Internet Identity, Pennsylvania Independent Auto Dealers Magazine (February 2012)
- Should You Be on the Lookout for Red Flags in Your Business?, Business Woman PA Magazine (November 2011)
- Banks Must Take Action to Prevent Typosquatting, Pennsylvania Association of Community Bankers Magazine (May 2011)
- Using UDRP Arbitration to Squash Typosquatters, Maryland Bar Bulletin (March 2011)
- Here's a Tip: Restaurants and Employees Must Accurately Report Tip Income to IRS, Pennsylvania Restaurant Maters (October 2010)
- Avoid Discovery Disasters by Creating a Litigation Preparedness Plan, Pennsylvania Association of Community Bankers Magazine (November 2010)
- The Empire Strikes Back: U.K. Decision Highlights Difficulties in Protecting IP Rights Abroad, Maryland Bar Bulletin (March 2010)
Honors and Awards: Appointed to York County Court of Common Pleas Arbitration Panel (2011-2013); Honorable Mention for Best Individual Oral Argument, Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot (2008); Order of Barristers (2008); Award for Academic Excellence in Bank Regulation (2008); Penn State Miller Center Public Interest Advocate Certification (2007).
Memberships and Activities: American Bar Association; Pennsylvania Bar Association; Maryland State Bar Association; New Jersey State Bar Association; Cumberland County Bar Association; York County Bar Association; Willem C. Vis Moot Alumni Association.
Jursidictions: I am licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey. I represent clients in the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and United States District Courts for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, Western District of Pennsylvania, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, District of New Jersey, District of Maryland, and District of Colorado.
I practice regularly before government and administrative agencies including the United States Trial and Trademark Appeal Board, World Intellectual Property Organization, Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission, Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board, and local zoning hearing boards.
Education and Background: I received a Bachelor of Arts degree, cum laude, from Miami University in 2003, and a Master of Science from Auburn University in 2005. In 2008, I received a Juris Doctor from The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law. During law school, I twice represented Penn State at the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Artibration Moot in Vienna, Austria and served as a intern law clerk to Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice J. Michael Eakin.