Steven R. Bovan, a shareholder with the firm, concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate, business transactions, entity formation and estate planning. Steve counsels business clients from their venture's infancy and through their daily business matters. Steve's approach is to serve his clients by being proactive and not just reactive to issues. That approach applies as well to Steve's counsel of clients in the real estate and estate planning areas.
Steve's practical experience includes the following:
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Contract Review, Drafting and Negotiation
- Entity Selection and Formation
- Acquisition and Disposition of Commercial and Residential Real Estate
- Land Use, Zoning and Land Development
- Commercial and Residential Leasing
- Easements and Right of Ways
- Financing and Loan Documentation
- Condominium and Planned Community Organization
- Closings and Title Insurance
- Acquisition and Disposition of Liquor Licenses
Some of Steve's specific projects include:
- Represented a quasi-governmental body in its real estate dealings with the Port Authority of Allegheny County regarding the North Shore Connector project.
- Represented a national real estate investor in the sale of a $5 million big box commercial property.
- Represented a national bank, in its capacity as trustee, in the evaluation and purchase of vacant real estate in Salt Lake City, Utah valued at $20 million.
- Represented a corporate client with the sale of their former headquarters building and purchase of their new headquarters building utilizing a 1031 exchange.
A lifelong resident of the Pittsburgh area, Steve and his wife currently reside in the Sewickley, PA area. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in history and political science from Washington & Jefferson College and his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Pittsburgh. Steve was also named a ‘Pennsylvania Rising Star’ in the area of Real Estate by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, a Publication of Philadelphia Magazine.