We work with many municipalities, schools and authorities as their solicitors, providing the broad range of legal services our clients need. We find strategic solutions which help our clients solve the issues which they face.
Attorneys who serve as solicitors act as the “general counsel” for municipalities, schools and other public entities. We attend all open meetings held by the organization, and we counsel and assist with the varied issues that arise from running a local government or school district. These include:
- Employment and personnel problems
- Pupil services and discipline
- Zoning and land use
- Public financing
- Public bidding and contracting
- School construction and renovation
- Eminent domain proceedings
- Real estate
- Compliance and risk management
- Taxation (including real estate, earned income and Act 511)
- Litigation and appellate work
- Workers’ compensation
We also serve as special counsel on construction, labor, tax, student activities and general governance issues for school districts, municipalities and other public boards.
Many of our clients need immediate attention when a problem arises. Our large group of School and Municipal attorneys is available for telephone consultations before and after issues arise. We believe that the best legal advice is that which keeps clients out of litigation, we encourage our clients to call us so that an issue can be fully considered before a final decision is made.
Tucker Arensberg, P.C. also serves as panel defense counsel for various insurers that cover school district and municipal claims.
Our attorneys are involved in the following professional associations and organizations:
- Pennsylvania School Boards Association’s Solicitors Association
- National School Boards Association’s Council of School Attorneys
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- Allegheny County Bar Association Municipal and School Solicitor Section
Members of the firm are regularly invited to present to municipal and school officials, employees and attorneys on topics of interest to these individuals. Our clients receive updates and training on legal trends and issues affecting them. Also, in cooperation with the University of Pittsburgh Tri-State Area School Study Council, the firm publishes the Education Law Report, a periodical summarizing recent legal development affecting school districts and their administration.