Pennsylvania’s recently adopted Medical Marijuana Act sets the stage for the creation of a new industry in Pennsylvania. This new industry exists in a developing but still uncertain legal and regulatory landscape. Tucker Arensberg’s multidisciplinary Medical Marijuana Practice Group is prepared to provide direct industry participants, such as growers, dispensaries and investors, with legal advice regarding the Medical Marijuana Act, medical marijuana regulations, and the latest industry developments.
Tucker Arensberg attorneys advise clients on the following issues related to medical marijuana:
- Entity formation and structuring
- Application process and licensing with the PA Department of Health
- Corporate and commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions and financing
- Real estate matters
- Zoning requirements
- Privacy regulations
- Records retention and document management
- Compliance with regulations
The Medical Marijuana Act affects many people who are not directly involved in the industry, including employers and those who may wish to do business with direct industry participants. Tucker Arensberg’s Medical Marijuana Practice Group is also prepared to advise businesses on the issues that may arise from the legalization of medical marijuana as it relates to issues such as:
- Labor and employment
- Workers Compensation claims
- General liability matters
- General commercial matters
- Intellectual property protections and commercial licensing agreements
- Environmental matters
- Estate planning matters
The Medical Marijuana Practice Group draws on Tucker Arensberg attorneys from multiple specialties to form an experienced team working collaboratively to apply skills developed in more traditional business settings prepared to meet all of the needs of clients navigating the new legal realities of medical marijuana in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Please review the Medical Marijuana Disclaimers prior to contacting the firm.