Your business has certain intangible assets–methods, know-how, business names, logos, software or other intellectual property–that distinguishes you from your competitors and gives you a competitive advantage.
The attorneys at Tucker Arensberg help individuals and businesses to identify, protect, and enforce their intellectual property rights through securing patents, trademark and copyright registrations, licensing trade secrets and other proprietary information, dispute resolution, and a broad range of agreements.
From technology transfer to e-commerce, it’s our business to help you institute the proper protection.
- Our clients include both large and small existing companies as well as start-up companies that seek to market new ideas and inventions in a variety of industries, including information technology, health care, biotechnology, manufacturing, and software.
- We perform freedom to operate assessments to assess whether new products or ideas violate another’s intellectual property.
- We draft patentability opinions and perform intellectual property audits to determine what intellectual property assets a company has and the best form of protection.
- We help businesses protect their trade secrets by reviewing trade secret protection plans and drafting and negotiating confidentiality and license agreements. We have experience drafting complex technology licensing agreements and perfecting ownership interests.
- We also regularly counsel clients on intellectual property issues with employees and draft employment and independent contractor agreements as well as conduct corporate trainings.
- We help resolve technology disputes through arbitration and infringement suits seeking either monetary damages or injunctive relief.
- We help businesses by resolving web tag disputes and domain name disputes.
- We assist clients in negotiating and drafting website terms and conditions, privacy policies, application service provider agreements, software licenses, and customized software development contracts.