Tucker Arensberg, P.C. boasts a broad range of experience with respect to its representation of businesses in the alcohol industry, especially manufacturers and retailers. Through our representation of clients and attorney involvement with various trade associations, we have gathered an unparalleled depth of experience in the legal and regulatory issues affecting the alcohol industry.
Although our local and regional restaurant and hotel clients are numerous, we are also especially passionate about start-up craft breweries, wineries, and distilleries. We constantly monitor the news, legislation, Liquor Control Board Advisory Opinions, and court decisions in order to keep our clients informed and to advise them on any potential impact to their business. We are also associate members of the Brewers of Pennsylvania and provide updates to the alcohol industry through our blog at www.PaAlcoholLaw.com and @PA_Alcohol_Law.
We offer a comprehensive range of services to guide your business and provide assistance that is both relevant and cost-effective. Our alcohol industry services include:
- Selection of business entity and development of a business strategy.
- Application for liquor licenses and approvals, both state and federal, including pre-application strategy and prequalification analysis.
- Protecting your intellectual property, including trademarks, copyrights, recipes, and trade secrets.
- Advising on employment and non-compete related matters.
- Full service real estate advice from purchasing or leasing property to zoning issues and real estate settlements.
- Handling all aspects of the acquisition, sale, and financing of restaurants, taverns, hotels, breweries, wineries and other liquor licensees, and related businesses.
- Defending regulatory enforcement actions, citations, and nuisance bar allegations by the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board and the Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts, including leases, distributor agreements, construction contracts, and vendor contracts.
- Defending Dram Shop liability claims.
- Providing business planning and tax advice.
Since the alcohol industry is heavily regulated at both the state and federal levels, our goal is to help you understand and navigate the numerous laws and regulations that might interfere with your ability to provide your products and services to the public.