Steven R. Bovan
Steve is a shareholder and concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate, banking, business transactions, entity formation and estate planning/administration. He counsels business clients from their business venture’s infancy through daily business matters and finally to disposition of the business by sale or succession. Steve is the President of the firm’s title insurance agency, TARES.
Steve’s experience includes the following:
- Acquisition and Disposition of Commercial and Residential Real Estate
- Acquisition and Disposition of Liquor Licenses
- Banking, Finance and Loan Documentation
- Commercial and Residential Leasing
- Condominium and Planned Community Organization
- Contract Review, Drafting and Negotiation
- Easements and Right of Ways
- Entity Selection and Formation
- Estate Administration
- Estate Planning
- Land Use, Zoning and Land Development
- Real Estate Closings and Title Insurance
Specific projects Steve has handled include:
- Represented a quasi-governmental body in its real estate dealings with the Port Authority of Allegheny County regarding the North Shore Connector project
- Represented a national real estate investor in the sale of a $5 million big box commercial property
- Represented a national bank, in its capacity as trustee, in the evaluation and purchase of vacant real estate in Salt Lake City, Utah valued at $20 million
- Represented a corporate client with the sale of their former headquarters building and purchase of their new headquarters building utilizing a 1031 tax-deferred exchange
- Represented a large regional non-profit with $2,775,000 financing, and associated title insurance, for the construction of a local retail facility
Areas of Practice: Real Estate, Estate Planning, Financial Institutions, Business & Corporate
Honors and Awards: Steve was selected for inclusion as a ‘Pennsylvania Rising Star®’ in the area of Real Estate by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®.
Education and Background: Steve earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Pittsburgh and his Bachelor of Arts degree in history and political science from Washington & Jefferson College.