Ryan P. Siney
Ryan is a shareholder with the firm and advises large and small businesses regarding intellectual property rights, software and digital media, business transactions and commercial disputes. Ryan’s clients are focused in the technology, manufacturing, retail, hospitality, entertainment and health care industries.
Ryan provides legal and business advice on topics such as:
- Registering and enforcing trademarks and copyrights in the United States and internationally;
- License agreements, royalty agreements and intellectual property transfers;
- Product development, branding, marketing, advertising and distribution;
- Transactions and agreements related to e-commerce, software, hosting, internet services and other technology matters;
- Employer policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, trade secrets, privacy, data protection and acceptable use of technology and social media;
- Domain name disputes, cybersquatting and legal issues arising on the internet;
- Business formation, reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, capital raising, real estate, shareholder and partnership agreements and commercial contracts;
- Intellectual property and business litigation, including claims related to the Lanham Act, Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act, Copyright Act and other federal and state claims.
Ryan is an Assistant Editor of the Vindobona Journal of International Commercial Law and Arbitration. In 2013, he was appointed to the Silver Spring Township Zoning Hearing Board. He was appointed by the Court of Common Pleas of York County, Pennsylvania to a two year term (2011 – 2013) as an arbitrator, and regularly sits as an arbitrator for the Court of Common Pleas of Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. Ryan is a member of the American Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Maryland State Bar Association and Cumberland County Bar Association.
Ryan is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey and in the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and United States District Courts for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, Western District of Pennsylvania, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, District of New Jersey, District of Maryland and District of Colorado. He practices regularly before government and administrative agencies, including the United States Trial and Trademark Appeal Board, Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission and the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board.
Ryan holds a Master of Laws (with distinction) in international intellectual property law and a Postgraduate Diploma (with distinction) in commercial and corporate law from University of London (University College London and Queen Mary). Ryan received a Juris Doctor from The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law, a Master of Science from Auburn University and a Bachelor of Arts (cum laude) from Miami University. During law school, he served as an intern clerk to Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice J. Michael Eakin and was twice selected to represent Penn State at the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria.