Ryan P. Siney
Ryan is a shareholder who advises large and small businesses regarding intellectual property rights, software, digital media, domestic and international transactions and commercial disputes. Ryan’s clients are focused in the technology, manufacturing, retail, hospitality, entertainment and health care industries.
Ryan provides legal and business advice on topics such as:
- trademark and copyright registration and enforcement in the United States and internationally
- product development, brand protection, advertising, marketing, distribution and import/export of goods and software
- transactions related to software, mobile applications, hosting, platforms, infrastructure, data, cloud-based services and domain names
- protection of confidential information, proprietary information and trade secrets
- license agreements for technology, software, music, films and other audiovisual content and digital media
- risk management and regulatory compliance
- business formation, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, real estate, commercial contracts and corporate governance
- commercial litigation and resolution of disputes related to technology, software, internet transactions, copyrights and trademarks
Areas of Practice: Intellectual Property, Technology, Business and Corporate, Hospitality, Health Care and Real Estate
Memberships and Activities: Ryan is an Assistant Editor of the Vindobona Journal of International Commercial Law and Arbitration, and has served as a member of the Silver Spring Township Zoning Hearing Board since 2013. He regularly sits as an arbitrator for the Court of Common Pleas of Cumberland County, Pennsylvania and previously served a two year term (2011 – 2013) as an arbitrator for the Court of Common Pleas of York County, Pennsylvania. Ryan is a member of the American Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Maryland State Bar Association and Cumberland County Bar Association.
Jurisdictions: Ryan is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey and in the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and United States District Courts for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, Western District of Pennsylvania, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, District of New Jersey, District of Maryland and District of Colorado. He practices regularly before government and administrative agencies, including the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the United States Trial and Trademark Appeal Board, Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission and the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board.
Education: Ryan holds a Master of Laws (LL.M) in international intellectual property law and a Postgraduate Diploma in commercial and corporate law from the University of London (University College London and Queen Mary). Ryan received a Juris Doctor from The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law, a Master of Science from Auburn University and a Bachelor of Arts from Miami University. During law school, he served as an intern clerk to Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice J. Michael Eakin and was twice selected to represent Penn State at the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria.
Honors and Awards: Ryan has been selected by his peers for inclusion as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® Rising Star in Business/Corporate Law.