Patricia Brady Rodella
Patricia has been practicing for more than 30 years, primarily in the area of commercial real estate and construction documentation. Through her experience working with developers and lenders as well as buyers and sellers, she has handled many aspects of commercial real estate including commercial leases, ground leases, asset acquisition and sales and commercial development. Patricia is currently serving as the co-chair of the Real Estate Practice Group.
Representing clients on both sides of various real estate developments and financing transactions, Patricia has developed a keen understanding of the issues, structure, and pace.
In the area of construction documentation, Patricia has worked successfully with numerous clients to establish internal and external processes and forms to expeditiously meet requirements including drafting and reviewing all types of documentation for the client’s various construction projects.
Her more than 30 years of legal experience began in 1986 with a major law firm in Pittsburgh. In 1992, Patricia established her own legal practice, continuing her representation of clients in general business and real estate matters before becoming one of the founding members of Sitko, Rodella & Bruno LLC. She successfully participated in the expansion and growth of that law firm for ten years.
- Represented a regional nonprofit based in Boston, MA in the acquisition of commercial property in Pittsburgh, which included the resolution of various title issues. Three years later, Tucker Arensberg Real Estate Title Company (TARES) issued numbers title policies to the nonprofit and their lenders in connections wit a tax credit deal that funded a local senior housing project. On the day of the closing, the contractor mistakenly parked his construction trailer on the site resulting in a last minute scramble to resolve potential mechanic’s lien issues.
- Represented an international company expanding at an accelerated rate in connection with negotiating and documenting commercial build-to-suit leases for US locations and Canadian locations.
- Represented a regional developer based in North Carolina in connection with their partnership with a national retailer. This representation included providing support for acquisition and clearing of numerous complicated title issues.
Articles and Presentations:
- Allegheny County Bar Association sponsored program “Practice for Success: Skills and Training for New Lawyers” on the topic of Residential Sale Transactions.
- PBI – “Day on Real Estate”
- Tucker Arensberg 2nd Annual CLE – “Deal or No Deal: A Discussion on the Problems Associated with a Commercial Lease.
Education and Background:
- Maintains an AV Preeminent® rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, which is the highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards awarded by this national directory of lawyers.
- B.A., Gannon University, summa cum laude, Monsignor Nash Award for Excellence in Social Sciences
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, cum laude, Order of the Coif, Aldisert Award for Advocacy and Adjudication; Law Review – Associate Editor; Published Article, Journal of Law and Commerce
- Licensed Title Agent in Pennsylvania
- Admitted to Practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Western District of Pennsylvania
Memberships and Activities:
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association