Jordan S. Blask
Jordan is a shareholder and represents businesses of all sizes, including:
- Financial institutions
- Tax-exempt entities
- Energy and natural resources companies
- Commercial real estate developers and investors
- Fortune 500 companies
The primary focus of Jordan’s practice has always been to work with clients to develop innovative yet prudent ways to address and resolve complex transactional, corporate and litigation matters. Working in concert with his colleagues across our diverse practice groups, Jordan is honored to serve as his clients’ go-to problem solver for any business that requires multidisciplinary advice.
Jordan devotes a considerable part of his practice to providing practical legal advice to financial institutions and businesses dealing with distressed credit and financial restructuring situations. Either working for a lender, a creditor or a borrower, Jordan frequently advises clients on financial workouts, loan restructurings, insolvency issues and recapitalization, as well as, prosecutes and defends avoidance actions and represents bankruptcy trustees and creditor committees. Jordan has counseled clients in major bankruptcy cases both locally and nationally.
Jordan’s goal is to provide his institutional clients effective and immediate advice to reduce costs, provide value added services and work closely with management to integrate cost effective strategies for maximum recovery on distressed credits. Jordan has developed and manages a national collections platform that provides traditional bankruptcy, foreclosure and loan restructuring services to one of the largest banking institutions in the United States.
Jordan proudly serves as General Counsel to multiple local and national tax-exempt companies advising on matters of corporate governance, joint ventures, strategic planning and complex disputes involving issues of fiduciary conduct, taxes, internal investigations, and intellectual property. Jordan is the co-chair of the Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Creditors’ Rights Group.
Jordan’s present and recent significant representations include:
- Advising tax-exempt entities on Board of Director restructuring and fiduciary training;
- Representation of multi-faceted family business conglomerate dealing in Real Estate and Oil & Gas to restructure parent and subsidiary companies;
- Representation of precision manufacturer in corporate acquisitions;
- Advising tax-exempt entity on national joint venture and licensing agreements;
- Representation of major national banks in asset recovery workouts and bankruptcy matters;
- Representation of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of a New York Not-For-Profit Medical Research Facility;
- Representation of a Chapter 7 Trustee in connection with prosecution of litigation against former Directors and Officers of Not-For-Profit company;
- Representation of a Chapter 7 Trustee in connection with prosecution of fraudulent transfer litigation against corporate insiders;
- Representation of national insurance company regarding fraudulent use of insurance proceeds by Debtor and Debtor’s counsel;
- Advising a national bank on issues of perfection of security interests in agricultural and farm product lending throughout a twenty-five state footprint;
- Representation as national counsel to financial institution in connection with consumer bankruptcy focusing on Chapter 7, 11, and 13 issues;
- Representation of private equity group for acquisitions of distressed commercial paper secured by real estate;
- Representation of energy exploration and production company in dispute with pipeline company regarding nominations and shut-in provisions under supply contract;
- Representation of individuals in federal securities action against former stock broker and advisory firm in connection with alleged improper securities offering;
- Representation of secured lender in connection with relief of stay for portfolio of more than twenty cranes and hoists and subsequent UCC private sales;
- Representation of one of the fifty largest shopping center and net lease retail property owners in the United States in connection with bankruptcy matters including lease rejection claims, administrative rent claims, and related litigation;
- Representation of Fortune 500 medical device and laboratory company in defense of multi-jurisdiction preference and avoidance actions;
- Representation of corporate and individual defendants in connection with federal trademark and anti-cybersquatting litigation under the Lanham Act.
Areas of Practice: Business and Corporate, Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Creditors’ Rights, Real Estate and Litigation
Jurisdictions: By being licensed to practice law in multiple jurisdictions, Jordan provides cost effective representation to regional clients without the need to hire additional local counsel. Jordan is admitted to practice law before the following jurisdictions:
- New York State Courts
- U.S. District Courts and Bankruptcy Courts for New York
- New Jersey State Courts
- U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court for New Jersey
- Pennsylvania State Courts
- U.S. District Court and Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Ohio State Courts
- U.S. District Courts and Bankruptcy Courts for Ohio
Memberships and Activities: Jordan is active in these professional and civic organizations:
- American Bar Association (Business Law Section)
- Allegheny County Bar Association (serving on ACBA Bankruptcy Section Council)
- New York Bar Association
- International Conference of Shopping Centers
- National Tooling and Machining Association
- Turnaround Management Association
- Western Pennsylvania Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
- Everybody Wins! – Reading Is FUNdamental (2nd & 3rd Grade Reading Mentor)
- Zeta Beta Tau National Fraternity (Omicron Chapter)
Recent Speaking Engagements:
- “The Attorney Client Privilege – Advising Directors and Officers of Insolvent Entities.”
- “New Developments in Avoidance Actions & Avoidance of Statutory Liens Against Oil & Gas Interests.”
- “Managing the High Profile Case – Dealing with the Media.”
Honors and Distinctions: Jordan has been recognized as a Pennsylvania Rising Star and Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Bankruptcy and Creditor’s Rights.
Education and Background: Jordan received his law degree from Albany Law School of Union University, where he concentrated in Business Law and was an Article Editor for the Albany Law Environmental Law Journal. Jordan’s undergraduate degree is from Syracuse University where he was awarded a B.A. in Political Science; while there he studied in London taking courses in International Relations and Emerging Markets.