Jo-Anne M. Mineweaser
Jo-Anne works primarily in the area of employee benefits, helping clients by providing services including:
• Design and drafting of:
qualified retirement plans, such as traditional defined benefit pension plans, defined contribution plans including 401(k) plans, and employee stock ownership plans (or ESOPs)
retirement plans for non-profit and governmental entities, such as 403(b) plans and 457(b) plans
nonqualified deferred compensation plans and other arrangements subject to Code Section 409A, including executive compensation programs
equity-based compensation plans, such as stock option plans and phantom stock plans, health and welfare plans, and fringe benefit plans
• Counseling clients on the administration and operation of all types of employee benefit plans, including Qualified Domestic Relations Orders and compliance with the requirements of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and the Internal Revenue Code
• Counseling fiduciaries on meeting their fiduciary responsibilities under ERISA
• Reviewing and negotiating investment management and administrative services agreements
• Counseling clients on the benefit implications of mergers and acquisitions
• Advising on specific issues such as fiduciary liability, fiduciary liability insurance coverage and withdrawal liability under Taft-Hartley plans.
Jo-Anne is a Senior Counsel with the firm.
Areas of Practice: Employee Benefits
Articles and Presentations:
• W-2 Healthcare Coverage Reporting Requirement Suspended for 2011
• Amendment to the Healthcare Reform Grandfathering Rules
Jurisdictions: Jo-Anne is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania
Education and Background: Jo-Anne earned her undergraduate degree from Penn State University, and her MBA and law degrees from the University of Pittsburgh. Prior to joining Tucker Arensberg, she had several years experience as in-house benefits counsel.