Jeremy V. Farrell
Jeremy is a civil trial lawyer who represents clients in disputes concerning a broad array of claims, such as breach of contract, unlawful termination of employment, negligence, tortious interference, fraudulent and negligent misrepresentation, as well as personal injury and property damage. His litigation experience includes trials and hearings in Pennsylvania and Ohio courts and before administrative agencies like the Public Utility Commission and Unemployment Compensation Board.
- Defended a local company in a breach of contract action arising out of the termination of a purchase order agreement relating to an environmental remediation project;
- Represented a bank in a lawsuit claiming that it induced its customer to enter a commercial lending transaction by making allegedly fraudulent misrepresentations;
- Defended a landscaping company accused of terminating an employee for pursuing worker’s compensation benefits; and
- Represented local electric and telecommunication utilities in seeking recovery for damage to their facilities caused by motor vehicle collisions, violations of the Pennsylvania One Call Act, and other types of negligence.
Jeremy also assists in advising employers about a variety of workplace issues, such as:
- Preventing, investigating, and defending discrimination, retaliation, and harassment claims;
- The Family and Medical Leave Act;
- Wage and hour regulations (i.e. minimum wage and overtime laws);
- Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Employee handbook policies; and
- Unemployment compensation claims.
Areas of Practice: Commercial Litigation, Labor & Employment; Labor & Employment Litigation; Personal Injury
Honors and Awards: During law school, Jeremy received the Paul J. Hergenröeder Award for top performance in a trial advocacy program and was named the winner of the 2010 – 2011 Louis Jackson National Student Writing Competition in Labor and Employment Law. He was also selected as a Rising Star by both Ohio Super Lawyers and Pennsylvania Super Lawyers.
Memberships and Activities: Jeremy is a member of the Allegheny County, Ohio State Bar and the American Bar Associations.
Jurisdictions: Jeremy is licensed to practice before state courts in Pennsylvania and Ohio and also in the United States District Courts for the Western District of Pennsylvania and Northern District of Ohio.
Education and Background: Jeremy earned his Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from Case Western Reserve University School of Law, where he was awarded the Order of the Coif. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Pittsburgh where he majored in Politics and Philosophy. He also attended the University of Virginia School of Law National Trial Advocacy College.
Prior to graduating from law school, Jeremy was a certified legal intern with the Milton A. Kramer Civil Litigation Clinic as well as a judicial extern for the Honorable Dan Polster in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio.