Gavin A. Robb
Gavin is a shareholder and practices in the areas of Municipal and School Law, Civil Litigation, Real Estate/Zoning and Corporate Law.
Gavin’s representation includes:
- Attending meetings for the firm’s public sector clients and advises them on matters related to employment, zoning, policy and other general issues as needed.
- Serving as general counsel to for-profit and non-profit corporate clients throughout the greater Pittsburgh area, handling all aspects of business law, from formation to dissolution.
- Representing clients in the areas of contract negotiation and land development/zoning.
- Representing both condemnees (property owners) and condemners (municipalities/authorities) in eminent domain matters, including acquiring temporary and permanent easements for road construction projects and sewer repair/replacement projects.
- A broad range of arbitration and trial experience, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in all types of cases, from personal injury and property damage claims to complex commercial litigation matters.
- Representing both commercial and residential property owners and taxing bodies in tax assessment appeals and tax exemption matters.
- Representing landlords in collection and eviction actions.
Areas of Practice: Municipal and School Law, Business Law, Real Estate/Zoning, Litigation
Articles and Presentations: Gavin is a regular contributor to the firm’s quarterly Education Law Report which is disseminated to school districts throughout Western Pennsylvania.
Jurisdictions: Gavin is admitted to practice law in all state courts throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, as well as the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Education: Gavin received his Bachelor of Arts degree in English from John Carroll University in 1999. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 2003, where he earned a Certificate of Advanced Study in Civil Litigation.
Memberships and Activities: Gavin provides pro bono services in the areas of custody and unemployment matters through the Neighborhood Legal Services Association. He is a member of the American, Pennsylvania and Allegheny County Bar Associations. He also serves on the Board of Directors of the South Side Chamber of Commerce and the South Side Local Development Company.
Honors and Awards: Selected for inclusion as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars
Gavin currently serves as the appointed Solicitor of Churchill Borough and the North Hills Council of Governments.