Daniel C. Conlon
Daniel C. Conlon is an attorney in the firm’s Business and Corporate Group. Daniel advises both public and private sector clients that include: local governments and school districts, restaurants, business startups, banks, trust companies, and investment advising firms. Daniel’s practice focuses on a wide range of corporate matters that include municipal and school law, land use and zoning, local taxation, liquor law, and federal banking and securities laws.
Daniel earned his Juris Doctorate from the Duquesne University School of Law where he was a Senior Staff Editor of the Duquesne Business Law Journal, a Merit Scholarship Recipient, and received a Pro Bono Program Certificate of Recognition. Daniel received his undergraduate degree from North Park University, magna cum laude.
Prior to entering private practice, Daniel worked as a Judicial Intern for the Hon. David S. Cercone; Judicial Intern for the Supreme Court of Costa Rica, and as a Law Clerk for the City of Pittsburgh, Law Department.
Daniel was born in Chicago, IL but raised in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico and cannot remember whether he spoke English or Spanish first as a child.
Some of Daniel’s representative engagements include:
- Ongoing representation of various municipalities and school districts on issues that involve the Sunshine Act, State Ethics Act, Borough Code, Municipalities Planning Code, Uniform Construction Code, Right to Know Law, and School Code.
- Ongoing representation of various restaurants in a wide array of legal matters including application for liquor license transfers and approvals from the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board, drafting and negotiating commercial leases, vendor contracts, asset purchase agreements, and non-competition agreements.
- Represented school districts and individuals in tax assessment appeals of residential and commercial properties before the Board of Property Assessments Appeals and Review (BPAAR) and the Court of Common Pleas, Board of Viewers (BOV).
- Represented a national specialty hospital in successfully challenging a multi-million dollar business privilege tax assessment in the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County.
- Represented franchisee start-up in the selection of a business entity, review of franchise agreement and loan documents.
Memberships and Activities:
Daniel is Chair of the Board of Directors of the Latino Community Center, Member of the Pittsburgh Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the Allegheny County Bar Association, serving on the ACBA’s Hispanic Attorneys’ Committee.
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law
- B.A., North Park University, magna cum laude
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court of the Western District of Pennsylvania
“Keep Calm and Call the Lawyer: Understanding the Role of a Municipal Solicitor,” Borough News Magazine, December 2017.
“Giving Credit Where Credit is Due: First Responders Get a Break on Local Taxes,” Borough News Magazine, April, 2016.
“Right to Privacy for Public Employees,” Borough News Magazine, December, 2016.
“How to Draft an Ordinance,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, December 1, 2015.
“Superior Court Holds Act 91 Notice Published by the Pennsylvania Finance Housing Authority is Defective”, 15 DUQ.BUS.L.J87, 2013
Languages: Daniel is fluent in Spanish.