Charles L. Potter, Jr.
Chuck focuses his practice on federal, state and local taxation. He also advises clients on matters involving energy, natural resources, sports and estates and trusts. Chuck represents clients on a variety of legal issues including:
- Developing strategies to minimize state and local tax matters including restructuring
- Assists clients with state tax return matters, audits, administrative state tax appeals and appeals of state tax matters
- Organized oil and gas drilling programs and assists in other oil and gas production matters
- Advising high-net-worth individuals on tax planning and compliance
Areas of Practice: Taxation, Tax Planning, Energy, Oil and Gas
Articles and Presentations: Chuck is the co-author of the “Guidebook to Pennsylvania Taxes,” published annually by CCH Incorporated.
Memberships and Activities: Chuck is currently a member of the following organizations:
- American Bar Association Section of International Bar
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants – State Tax Committee and Local Tax Committee
- British-American Business Council – Treasurer
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Estate Planning Council of Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania Chambers of Commerce – Tax Committee
Jurisdictions: Chuck is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania, United States Tax Court, Supreme Court of the United States and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. Chuck is also a Certified Public Accountant.
Education and Background: Chuck earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and a B.A. from Monmouth College.